SMVLL Uses Live Scan Background Checks For All Volunteers
As in the past, all volunteers involved with our kids are required to be background-checked. This group includes team moms, managers, coaches, umpires, snack bar workers (adults), BBQ, parents helping at practice...for the protection of our kids and our league.
SMVLL uses the Live Scan service to complete background checks. This process is initiated by a fingerprint scan at one of our pre-season events at YAP or at many local participating Live Scan retail partners. (see below) The benefits of Live Scan include:
- Live Scan fingerprinting is collected only once and will suffice for the entire duration of your participation in SMVLL.
- Live Scan is operated by the Department of Justice.
- The service provides real-time information throughout the year.
For more information and in-depth information about Live Scan, visit https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints
Once you have completed the Live Scan process you will be added to the SMVLL approved volunteer list. When your volunteering time at SMVLL has come to an end, simply notify the league and you will be removed from this service.
SMVLL is offering on-site Live Scan registration at these upcoming events:
- “Dust Off Your Glove” clinic on December 1st at YAP
- Tryouts on January 12th at YAP
- Team Parent meeting on February 5th at Norman P Murray Community Center
- Opening Ceremonies on February 23rd at YAP
How to Complete Your Live Scan Background Check
- Click here to download and print the Live Scan form.
- Bring your form to a Live Scan location. We suggest you call in advance to make sure they are staffed to do your Live Scan when you want to visit. See below for suggestions or visit this webpage for more:
- You will need to pay a $20 charge at the time of the scan. Submit your receipt to Shireen Malone, Treasurer at
- Upon receipt by the league, you will be added to the SMVLL Approved Volunteer List.
Recommended Live Scan Local Providers:
A-1 Mail Center The UPS Store
27758 Santa Margarita Pkwy 23052-H Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, CA 92691 Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 855-4522 (949)830-6245
Safety first! Thank you for your cooperation.